For the past few months, we’ve been running a machine learning contest on Hackster. Last Friday, we announced our winners for the four categories: Business, Home, Nature and Wild Card. We were blown away by the projects submitted and are excited to share them with you!
For some background, here was the challenge: How would you utilize SparkFun's RedBoard Artemis ATP, Qwiic components and machine learning? We're looking for the next great group of projects to show how these three items can be incorporated into everyday life.
Onto the Winners!
Business: Are you an inventor or entrepreneur with a great idea? Show us how you would use Artemis, Qwiic components and machine learning in a product.
- 1st Place: TensorCrop - Crop Quality and Farm Control
- 2nd Place: Smart-Medicine-Control
- 3rd Place: Industrial Environment Monitoring and Control
Home: These projects solve problems found at home. These can range from security, to helping with meal planning, to fun in the backyard.
- 1st Place: Voice-Controlled Faucet
- 2nd Place: Air Quality Prediction
- 3rd Place: Voice Controlled Smart Door Bell & Access Control System
Nature: These projects solve problems in nature. These can range from helping people explore the outdoors to wildlife conservation.
- 1st Place: Burn Area of Forest Fire Predictor
- 2nd Place:SparkUQM - An AI Powered Urban Quality Monitoring System
- 3rd Place: Flood water disaster warning system
Wildcard: If your project doesn't quite fit any of the other categories, this is the place for it!
- 1st Place: Self Driving Car Using RedBoard Artemis ATP
- 2nd Place: Handwriting Recognition
- 3rd Place: Smart Health Assistant via Sparkfun Artemis
Thank you, everyone, for all your hard work and all of your amazing projects! We were certainly impressed by everything we saw and can't wait to do this again!